Our conversation brought us to discuss the things that we remember about our childhood, our lives -growing up together and some of the things that we have been through - and we talked about the relationships we have with our respective families. I consider it important to find out who my ancestors are and what they were like. I have managed to go back to 1760 on my mother's side and not quite so far on my father's.
I have been a crafter throughout my life and our conversation gave me cause to consider some of the things that I have done/made for my family and friends. One thing that comes to mind inparticular, is the dresses that I made for my three daughters and myself when we went on holiday to Butlins in August 1976. Now....first, you have to promise not to laugh at the platforms! *Ü* Here we are in a family contest - not sure which one though....
...and here is another contest that we entered - a line up of babies with their mums in a 'Bonny Baby' competition. That's me on the left with Keeley. *Ü*
Keeley was just 5 months old and she came 2nd! *Ü* Awww...I can remember the day very clearly.
I've been 'home alone' this week and have had time to reflect on the past whilst my husband and grandson are on the youth camp in Wales! I've been having a clean up and putting all of my photos into one place. Nostalgia and sentiment set in and I got distracted....LOL.....back to work! *Ü*
Toots for now. Poof...gone!

6 comments:
I don't think you can ever accept the loss, you just have to be thankful that you loved them and they loved you. It's been hard for me these past weeks, but it's how it's helping me. It's lovely looking back on the past, and it's photos like this that make you giggle (sorry, yes I did giggle) and remember fun times.
What fab photos to have Glen.
Toni xx
They are great photos....and the wallpaper in the background is amazing :)
Seeing your photographs has made me brave enough to post one of me I found recently ... big gulps here *lol*
I love tracing my family... back to the 1600's so far on one line or two - and isn't it interesting?
Anyways... love the photographs - and Sandra has got it spot on (amazing woman!)
What lovely pictures. I read something by a psychologist recently saying how good a bit of nostalgia is for us, isn't that great news? Keep on remembering!
Nostalga brimming over ... we went to Butlins a few times back then. I cant believe you are all in the same dress material in that shot.
My mum was 83 and me 53 when she died ...and I missed her so much ...but I smile now when I remember her ...I think it is the fact that they bring us into the world.. mums are hard to loose ...at any age....enjoy her while you can ...xx
Post a Comment